Monday, October 6, 2008

Patriotic Moment


Ralph had knee replacement surgery this morning and is recovering. The surgery went well and the doctor said he will be walking on it this afternoon. In the meantime, he has asked me (his daughter Lori) to make some daily posts and share some pictures of my recent experiences in La Palma.

This picture is one that I snapped quickly while in the park in La Palma. There was a large assembly going on by the Agriculture Department to celebrate the accomplishments of the local farmers and distribute seeds to them. As the national anthem played, the local men all placed their fists over their hearts. I glanced to my right and saw this group of men and the one on the middle pulled the young boy, whom I assumed was his son, and showed him how to place his fist over his heart. The people of El Salvador are very proud of their country. It was a touching moment for those of us who got to see it.
Dios le bendiga,
Lori

No comments: