Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Rested! It was good to sleep in my own bed again--and a few hours late. Jose kept me up talking till after 2 am Monday night. I was tired and the trip home was tiring and we lost an hour.

In an earlier blog I mentioned getting back to 'real food'. That was a mistake on my part. I should have said something like food that we are accustomed to. We actually ate better on this trip than any before. Pollo Campero has a permanent location in La Palma and we ate there once. I love the baleadas and pupusas. We had FRESH eggs every morning--probably laid only the day before. On the way to the airport we ate in San Salvador at Miguel Arguerra's restaurant. It was terrific! We had pizza and a wide variety of foods. I guess I just wanted a juicy Wendy's hamburger and mis-spoke about real food.

It will take a while to update you on the events. I took lots of notes and Lori took a couple thousand photos, so there is material to show and write about.

The trip was to gather information, plan for June, and follow up with some new Christians with encouragaement. We completed it.

God bless you, and may God richly bless the people of La Palma and Ocotepeque.
Ralph

No comments: