Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Isabel continues to enjoy her stay. She has tried some new foods and has seen how things are done here. She really liked chili Sunday night and she will work with Lori to make some while we are down there next week. We took her to a Waffle House yesterday. The restaurants in La Palma have remote kitchens and you can't see the cooking operation. I wanted her to see how efficient it can be to have the waiter/waitress holler orders to the cook who acknowledges it and immediately begins cooking. She LOVED the waffles--her first ever.
Last night she made pupusas for a group at Joplin. Nearly as good as Reina's!
She has been sledding, and appears to be acclimating to the temps here. She saw Bass Pro and several other shops. She loved the Dollar Tree and bought a lot of 'women stuff' to take home. She and Lori were jabbering in Spanish at lunch and I tried to enforce a no-Spanish rule to make her speak English. In return she replied that next week I must speak only Spanish! OK, I can order my food that way but will struggle beyond that.
She took some photos of the large auditorium at the Mt Hope church building. I told her NOT to let Jose see those or he would want a bigger building. She told me if I gave her enough chocolate she would keep them from him. Her time is getting short. We leave EARLY Thursday morning for the trip to La Palma.

No comments: