Saturday, May 8, 2010

Home last night.

On the trip I helped Victor and Lilian begin their new life together, and encouraged them to live in La Palma and work with the church there. Lilian has been a teacher of the children in her home church for several years, and the La Palma church needs someone to take on that role. Victor is a trained preacher and can help with future church plants as well as be an apprentice who helps out as needed.

I worked with Jorge on a budget to finish the Ocotepeque building. It still needs sidewalls, roof, and floor.

I worked to prepare the new Bible Institute/Orphanage building for occupancy. It still needs some electrical work and a water supply system.

I met with Jesus and got the latest information on how the new church in San Ignacio is going. I need to put that report together with some data that he shared.

I inspected the church roof at Santa Rosa, Honduras for the Stark City church. Some work is needed and they wanted an assessment.

I met with the people in San Salvador who license children's homes (they are no longer called orphanages). That was a great visit and we were given the requirements and work plan for the future.

I visited the national zoo. Per Napolean's request we are donating some computers that came from the Mt Vernon middle school to the zoo. They wanted formatted hard drives, which made Rick happy because he has a lot less to do to prepare them for shipment. The zoo is a great learning place for children. Half of it is not accessible since hurricane Ike went through in November and destroyed some of the infrastructure. The rebuilding is now getting started.

It was good to be home in my own bed. It was good to have a Dr Pepper at the Houston airport. I miss the rooster crowing at 4:15 right outside my window while in La Palma, but not really very much.

Please be in prayer for all of the things going on in the churches in the La Palma region.

No comments: