Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you that the trucks went up the hill today. New hurdles came along and delayed it once again. I hope to post something in mid-morning about it. Here is some news from another source:

Beginning on Monday, July 27, classes at El Salvador's schools and universities will be suspended for two weeks until August 9 according to news reports. The measure was put in place by Salvadoran health authorities to stop the spread of H1N1 flu. (Classes would not have been in session during the week of August 2 in any event since that is the week of August vacations associated with the feast of El Salvador del Mundo, the patron saint of the country). El Salvador has 469 confirmed cases of H1N1 flu, including 6 deaths.

Story heard in El Salvador last week:A wolf, a lion and a pig were debating who was the greatest and most fearsome animal. The wolf declared, "I am the greatest. When I howl the people shake with fear." The lion retorted, "No, it is I who am the greatest. When I roar, all of the people run away."The pig then said, "That's nothing. When I sneeze, everyone dies."

No comments: