Saturday, June 27, 2009

Good morning again. It is Saturday in La Palma. I have finished all work that I can do here until we get the containers. Some security policies remain to be enforced and reinforced. I have explained twice how important it is to lock things up, but found several violations this morning.
Salvador, the owner of this hotel is calling all of his friends in the same party as the President and asking for help. Surely one of them will come through. Salvador has seen what we have done in the past and appreciates it.
The photo shows Morris, Maxi, and Racquel at lunch with our friend Luis.
As I posted on Facebook, if you have to be a prisoner of politics, this is the place to be. Wow, nice hotel and great food and service. Beautiful scenery, friendly people, and so far NO problems. Two local policemen told me this morning that their job for today and tonight is to protect me! I feel absolutely no threat, but that is nice to know.
Three little girls found me writing on the veranda this morning and wanted lessons in English. I have been teaching them numbers to twenty and the names of the months. We will work on shapes and colors later. I asked for a small marker board--I soon had a large one on a tripod with markers and erasers! They are teaching me Spanish words also. They asked if they could bring their friends for the next class.
The weather remains nice. Light rain in the afternoon (it caught me yesterday while walking back and I got very wet) and cool. All is well except for that one big thing! God bless you, Ralph

No comments: